Monday, May 17, 2010

What a life...

Well, I have always had a strong belief in God and I know that it's that belief that is getting me through each day right now.

Being a foster parent is probably one of the hardest things that I've ever done in my life. You bring a child or children into your home to care for and love and keep safe, all the while knowing that you could have to let them go. Knowing that they're going to a good, safe, loving home can make it easiser to deal with. However, it's not always sunshine and roses and you wonder why. There was a reason that the child/children were removed and when we haven't lived that life, we wonder how someone...anyone, can't put their children first.

Being blessed enough to watch them grow and reach the heights that you know they can reach is amazing. We have been blessed to have this precious little one for three and a half months and she's thriving. Only time will tell what is to happen.

To think that I almost gave up after we lost Brianna...God knew what he was doing and was directing me all along to just wait it out and see what was to come. He wanted me to put my faith in His hands knowing that He knew when the time would be right for us to take in another child. Trust can be so hard, but when we put our trust in Him....all things fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment